Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Don't Hate!

Seriously. Is it really April already? Once we got past all the yucky cold rainy weather, I think I might like it being April! With it being in the 80's the past couple of days {sorry all you Idahoans, you can HAVE the snow!} we have spent so much time out in the sun getting farmer's tans and drinking slushes from Sonic. {Gotta love Happy Hour!} What I could do without is all the POLLEN! aka a green film on EVERYTHING! And, it would be nice to not have to turn on the AC. So not ready for that bill yet!

I took a much needed break from blogging, blog stalking, and facebook! It was such a relief. I came to the conclusion that I just had too many things going on in my brain at one time-with worrying about what everyone is doing constantly. So, by eliminating that, or at least downsizing, I have more time for my own stresses and excitements!

IMG_0010

IMG_0013

IMG_0014


I'm not sure why, but I absolutely love this picture. Paisley had been quiet for quite a while, so I went looking for her. She was sprawled out on the floor, watching tv.

DSC06077


The boys were SO excited one morning to wake up to their very one Popcorn tree!

IMG_0085


Easter was a lot of fun. The Easter Bunny brought the kids: Coloring books, crayons, books, toothbrushes, toothpaste {the strawberry kind}, Goldfish {S'mores, cinnamon, pretzel, and cheddar!}, a Bubble blower, and blocks. What? No chocolate? Nope!
We colored the eggs the night before--and guess what? The easter bunny found them and hid them for the kids.


DSC06115

DSC06113

And a slug found the eggs, too!

DSC06109

DSC06117

DSC06120

Like I said earlier--it has been HOT! We went to the beach yesterday with my friend and her kiddos. The weather was perfect, the absence of waves was perfect, but the water was freezing. Which wouldn't have been a problem if Ben hadn't picked me up and thrown me in it! Trust me, I was kicking and screaming.

DSC06121

DSC06124

DSC06128

DSC06131

5 comments:

  1. You guys are swimming at the beach, already?!?!? So jealous. Cute eggs btw. How did you do that? Is it vinyl cutouts?

    P.S. Glad you're back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back also. And I love the green grass. It is beautiful, and I want some of that!!!! Enjoy the weather for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's good to be back! :)

    we used vinyl for the eggs...so fun, and it was sorta an afterthought, so i wish i would have boiled more eggs!

    and yes, we are enjoying the weather. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, more pictures of the kiddos, please! I'm missing them something fierce! Preston is getting to be such a big kid! And Paisley, too! (Lots of exclamation points, today!) Even if it is just a snapshot, some of us would really like to see them grow! :) :) :) :) :) :)

    The eggs are really cool, btw. And I'm glad you used vinyl, and stepped out of your comfort zone a little on that :)

    ReplyDelete

please. pretty please. with a cherry on top.